Just some random thoughts as I am sitting here thinking to myself that I really need to study since it's already Friday afternoon and I have not studied AT ALL over spring break so far. Obviously, I am still NOT studying. Anyway, David and I were talking about this the other day...I have a little insight for you all as to why I am in law school. From now on, if anyone asks why I decided to go to law school, I will recite this conversation that Mom and I had many, many, many times when I was a kid.
Becky: Can I have four cookies for dessert tonight?
Mom: After you eat all your vegetables.
Becky: Ok...so if I eat 3 green beans, can I have 1 cookies for dessert.
Mom: No. I am not discussing this with you.
Becky: Ok...so if I eat half of my green beans can I have 2 cookies for dessert?
Mom: No. This is NOT a negotiation.
Becky: Ok... so if I eat all but 3 of my green beans.....
I think she had to tell me "this is not a negotiation" every night. For some reason, that just egged me on.
I really need to get to studying.
"I don't know what's happening to me."
"Simple. You let out one emotion, all the rest will come. It's like Endora's Box."
"That was the mother on Bewitched. You mean Pandora."
"Yeah, well, she had one too."
- Jerry and Kramer, in "The Serenity Now"
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey guys! I am so glad you found us. Your house looks so good! Becky, forget law school and come be partners with Jamin.
Are you two planning a trip to Reno anytime soon?
Post a Comment