Life seems to be getting busier and busier. When is it all going to slow down? I'm told it never does. Anyway we have been staying busy with school, work, David has been working on his motorcycle, and I have been trying to get Lucky ready for the Extreme Cowboy Race (less than 2 weeks away).

Lucky and I have been having all sorts of fun getting ready for the race, we even went swimming in a pond yesterday out on a ranch near Slaton. What an adventure! I can't wait to see how we stack up to the competition.
I also got to take Lucky to his very first horse show on Saturday at the Texas Tech Equestrian Center. He did great! I'm hoping the Extreme Cowboy Race goes just as well, or even better!
After the horse show, David and I swung by the South Plains fair to make sure we didn't pass up an opportunity to eat fair food. Unfortunately, this ended in tragedy when David opened up the foil containing his turkey leg, and every piece of turkey fell right off the bone onto the ground. So much for fair food.
The good news is that my quilt won Best of Show! I have to thank my Aunt Jeane for so graciously letting me camp out in her basement the week before school started so that I could use her long arm quilting machine. Because of her machine, I was able to get this monster of a quilt (110 in. x 110 in.) all quilted in 11 hours. This otherwise might very well have taken me 5 years!

As we are quickly approaching the point where we at least have to decide which state bar I am taking, the search for our destination city has been a little more urgent. David told me that it was my turn for a City of the Month....my suggestion is Windsor, Colorado. Situated between the mountains and the plains, a small town, but close to Fort Collins and Denver, and located in a significant agricultural region....sounds perfect to me.
*********************
And finally, in lieu of a Seinfeld quote:


1 comment:
Wow! SOunds like you are busy! Good luck with Lucky. I am sure you both will do great :-)
Post a Comment