
A whole season of Lost later, I am finally getting back to our blog. I guess life has taken a few minor, but unexpected turns in the last couple of months, and I haven't gotten around to posting. The spring semester got busy because I was wrapped up in my International Water Law paper, and I can now say that after spending hours and hours on it, I think I have finally found my niche in the legal word--water law dealing with freshwater resource and irrigation. David, on the other hand, has been busy at work, entertaining dozens of guests to the warehouse from San Antonio, Dallas, etc.
And then .... after spending months agonizing over how I was going to spend my summer, just days before finals ended, I tracked down an amazing job opportunity. Unfortunately, it's in Albuquerque, meaning I had to pack up for the summer (including Jake and Lucky, of course), and leave for New Mexico. So David and I will have a long distance marriage for 3 months, and in David's words: "my life is a country song...my wife took my truck and the horses...she left me the dogs." I might have even brought the dogs with me too, but I thought bringing the canine count to 6 at my parents' house (7 when Melissa comes and brings Emily for the weekend) might be a little too much...and David needs some company anyway.
David and I did get to spend some time camping this Spring, which was quite an ordeal with 3 dogs and 2 horses, but we had a lot of fun. We made the trek out to Caprock Canyon the day after the only day it snowed in West Texas. The snow was enough to keep everyone else away, but not us, so we hunkered down under about 6 layers of blankets, and enjoyed a very quite and peaceful camping trip, including a trail ride.
"THE RIG"
Mmm, mmm... bean soup helped keep us warm
The Boys
This is the closest we got to getting everyone in one picture
Lucky is a biologist at heart and makes sure he gets samples of all the vegetation to conduct his own research
Since I am trying to catch up on my blogging tonight, I will also include our movie reviews...I honestly think we have only gone to the theater once this whole semester...maybe there were more, but the only one I can recall is Angels and Demons. After we both really enjoyed the book, I think our review can be summed up by saying that I don't think Ron Howard actually read the book himself. It was a little disappointing.
I even have a City of the Month for June: Edgewood New Mexico...



********
"So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys, I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you Jerry, at that moment I was a marine biologist."
- George, in "The Marine Biologist"
- George, in "The Marine Biologist"

3 comments:
Wow, NM, for the summer. Sounds like you are going to have a great time. I will be in Socorro on the 3rd and 4th and some others day a few weeks later:-)
Love Becky posts. Hope you're enjoying New Mexico. Now if only we can update our blog.
long time no blog posts! I am so bad at it too lately! i will try and call you guys tomorrow. miss you and hope all is well
Post a Comment