At any rate, life has actually slowed down a little bit since the summer, but is still busy. I am not working, but trying to keep up with my 6 classes, and David is working hard as always. In fact, he has spent the last week "cat hunting" in the warehouse (apparently the little critter snuck in once it started getting cold outside...no one told it that most of the warehouse is a refrigerator). So while I was at the College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources scholarship banquet last night, David was wondering around the warehouse looking for a black cat. He ended the night with success, though it did result in him getting his finger bit. (I find this all very amusing).
Probably our biggest news (I think so anyway) is that Jake finally made the long trek to Lubbock, in a trailer that he was sure was not nearly big enough to ride 6 hours in. But we made it safe and sound, thanks to help from Dad and Mom, and David's awesome truck.
We found a great place for Jake to stay - just down the road - and I am looking forward to maybe taking some working cow horse or ranch horse classes at the equestrian center in the spring. It makes me so happy to have Jake here. I don't think David is quite as excited as I am, but he can't deny that he enjoys getting lessons on such an awesome horse!
"One never knows how the gastrointestinal workings of the equine are going to function."
- Kramer, in "The Rye"

2 comments:
You are so lucky to have your horse with you! I wish I could find a way to bring mine up to Reno.
I want to come ride him!!
Post a Comment