So... I managed to kill two computers within two weeks (my father once told me I had an aura about me that ruined electronics...never knew exactly what he meant until now). MY laptop went on the fritz right before classes started - screen would just go blank and computer would not turn back on. I sent it in to HP for repairs and they ...........replaced the speakers. Hmmm. I don't recall there being anything wrong with the speakers, maybe it's because my computer is muted 99% of the time (I sure am glad I have new speakers). At any rate, I had to send my laptop BACK to HP to get them to fix the real problem. Good news was, that while every other part on the computer failed the diagnostic test, the hard drive was safe. However, for the first two weeks of school, I was using David's old laptop as a stand-in. It is a six-year old Dell running Linux (the IT people at school just laughed at me). Just days before my HP was supposed to come back, the Dell's hard drive crashed (with 2 weeks worth of school notes...gone). It's as dead as a doornail. David was so nice about offering me his computer and I killed it. We went down to Best Buy on Labor Day and agonized over what to do, finally deciding to buy a new laptop. The next day, my HP came in, and so far it works fine. Oh well. Just keep me away from any laptop that is not under warranty.
"What is that?"
"It’s Risk, the game of world domination. It’s being played by two guys who can barely run their own lives."
-George and Jerry in The Label Maker (referring to Kramer and Newman)
NOTE: I probably shouldn't be allowed to play Risk either...
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You and Nicole have the same thing! Break anything electrical! I'm so sorry that happened! So did you take the new one back? Hope school is going well!
Hey Becky...long time no talk :) Bummer about the computer. Technology sure can suck!!!
Does Hank keep the blog safe?
Hope school is going well! Miss hearing from you, but I'm sure you're pretty darn busy!
Post a Comment