Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jake Needed a Friend ...

So, Jake has been by himself for a couple of weeks now. When I originally brought him down here to Lubbock, there were 4 other horses in the next pen over, and they seemed to be keeping him company. Eventually, all those horses left...and Jake was left all by his lonesome. When I pulled in to feed one afternoon, and saw Jake running down the fenceline after a horsetrailer going down the highway, we decided that he really needed a friend.



Please meet Lucky!



He is the newest member of the Torres family, he's 20 months old, and he is an early Christmas present for both Jake and me. Jake was so excited when I pulled in with the trailer and Lucky gave a loud, yearling whinny, that he was acting about a quarter of his age.

Well, I'm probably as excited as Jake ... Lucky is a great horse and has a very nice temperament.


To: David
From: Jake and Becky ... Thanks for the wonderful early Christmas!




Jerry: Is he from the future?
Elaine: No, he just shaves his head, I think it’s pretty gutsy.
George: Listen, Sweetheart, let me tell you a little something about guts. This is guts.
Elaine: What? Clinging to some scraps?
George: These are not scraps, these are historic remains of a once great society of hair.

2 comments:

Jaymie Marie said...

yay! How fun....I wish I could come and ride with you!

Liz Maile said...

How fun! Can't wait to see you and David.