David and I are almost done with our fence. This might have been my least favorite house project so far...lots of work without much reward. Of course I won't be constantly worrying everytime the wind blows over 30 mph (which is about 80% of the time in Lubbock) that our fence will blow down and the dogs will get out. But I sure am tired of pouring concrete (and David is tired of mixing it). We probably should not have picked the weekend that it was 102 degrees outside to do this. Thankfully, it has cooled down a tad in the last couple of days. Maybe as soon as we get done with our fence, we can get back to bike riding in the evenings.
We did get a chance to see the new Indiana Jones movie. It wasn't fantastic, but it was entertaining and we both liked it. Some of the acting was below average, but the general style of the movie was consistent with the other Indiana Jones movies, which was nice. Overall...you can't go wrong with Indiana Jones.
"You are looking at the next director of Mets scouting. Only thing is I have to get fired from the Yankees first."
"You can do that."
"Of course, but I really want to leave my mark this time. You know, I want to walk away from the Yankees with people saying, 'Wow, now that guy got canned.'"
"So you want to go out in a final blaze of incompetence."
"Yeah, remember that summer at Dairy Queen where I cooled my feet in the soft syrup machine?"
- George and Jerry, in "The Millennium"

No comments:
Post a Comment