
Just thought I would share a little on-going joke that David and I have (or actually, it's more like me making fun of David...sorry Bud). Since we have been in Lubbock, David is always considering where ELSE he would like to live once we get done in Lubbock (who knows when that will be). I started to make fun of him becuase for a while, he would find the "perfect" city or town to live in, do a bunch a research about the town, and send me links to real estate. However, in about a month, he would move on to the next city. So far, the City of the Month Candidates have been:
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Evanston, Wyoming
Canyon, Colorado
Colorago Springs, Colorado
Park City, Utah
Denver area
And some others that I can't remember...
This week he mentioned Oregon, so I am anxiously waiting for which city he will land on. Who knows, we might just end up staying in Lubbock. However, if anyone has a suggestion for the next installment of City of the Month, let us know, David will conduct research, probably discover all of it's best features, send me links to real estate for sale, specifically horse property, and we will add it to the list.
P.S. for any of you who are interested in finding your perfect city, check out this website:

"So where's my sneakers?"
"That's what I want to know."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I saw mom and pop this morning, but when I went by the store on my way home the place was empty. Everything is gone. Mom and pop vanished!"
"So all my sneakers are gone?"
"I'm afraid so, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've been asking around. They didn't even have any kids."
"Mom and pop aren't even a mom and pop?
"It was all an act, Jerry. They conned us, and they scored big-time!"
"So, mom and pop's plan was to move into the neighborhood, establish trust - for 48 years - and then run off with Jerry's sneakers?"
"Apparently."
- Jerry, Kramer and Elaine, in "The Mom and Pop Store"
"That's what I want to know."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I saw mom and pop this morning, but when I went by the store on my way home the place was empty. Everything is gone. Mom and pop vanished!"
"So all my sneakers are gone?"
"I'm afraid so, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've been asking around. They didn't even have any kids."
"Mom and pop aren't even a mom and pop?
"It was all an act, Jerry. They conned us, and they scored big-time!"
"So, mom and pop's plan was to move into the neighborhood, establish trust - for 48 years - and then run off with Jerry's sneakers?"
"Apparently."
- Jerry, Kramer and Elaine, in "The Mom and Pop Store"

4 comments:
How are you? You know we only live 3 hours away. But somehow we never make it up there. I checked out your website. You and your mom are so creative. I love it all and can't wait to see more.
How about Springerville AZ. Close to the ranch, mountains?
How about back to Reno? Or really, Spanish Springs area? We would LOVE you guys to be close again!
I have to agree with Liz!
Post a Comment