Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I am sitting in the forum at the law school listening a very depressing speaker talk about getting tested for genetic diseases. Hmmm. This is not what I thought I was coming to listen to. Anyway, in an effort NOT to listen and get depressed, I am posting on our blog, which I have been neglicting.
I am a little behind on the blogging. David and I travelling to San Antonio a week and a half ago for the Labatt Truck Rodeo. Fun times, watching forklift competitions and semi-truck obstacle courses, plus lots of good food. We did the touristy thing and saw the Alamo and the riverwalk, including a nice Italian dinner outside on the patio, watching the river boats float by.




Now we are back to the old grind. Me...studying as much as I can for finals that are only 3 weeks away (eek!) and David is as busy as ever at work. However, I will leave the grind once again (tomorrow) to go to Chicago for the International Quilt Festival. AWESOME! Unfortunately, since I have started law school, I have only sat down to quilt ONCE! This is sad. I plan on catching up of the summer (might happen...might not).
Anyway, be sure to check back for pictures. This will be third time Mom, Jeane, Heather and I will be attending this show togther....this time, we have all vowed to save lots of extra time to shop! I'm excited.
Also, in case y'all are interested in hearing more about our life in Lubbock lately, David was able to get an awesome deal on a bike (I'm so proud of my Wheeler and Dealer) and we have been "mountain" biking. We have great fun (who knew there was mountain biking in flat Lubbock) even the day that David took a spill and went rolling through a pile of cactus.
One last note....it was just pointed out to me that I used "y'all" in the paragraph above. Wow...ever since I have been in Texas, I laugh every time I get an email in which the sender has actually typed out this Texas favorite in the text of the email. It's like it's a real word or something. I guess I am beginning to be converted. Uh oh.
"Remember when you first went out to eat with your parents? Remember, it was such a treat. You go and they serve you this different food that you never saw before. They put it in front of you and it was such a delicious and exciting adventure... and now I just feel like a big sweaty hog waiting for them to fill up the trough."
- Elaine, in "The Chinese Restaurant"

4 comments:

Liz Maile said...

Soon you will be saying "fixin' to". With a twang of course! Good luck studying for finals. I like your pictures! Try and get enough rest. You should go get a massage to help you relax. Tell Bud I said Hello and give the dogs a hug. Love you guys!

The Woodward Family said...

A truck rodeo? I was thinking, "How Red-Neck is that?" Rhett would have loved it!

Lauren said...

Good to hear from you - blogging is so fun! Wish I could go to a quilt festival. Have lots of fun :)

The Hunters said...

I started a quilt the other day, and it made me think of you. We had good times sewing together. Have fun at the quilt festival!