Friday, May 9, 2008

1 Year Down, 2 To Go...

I have been terrible about updating the blog (obviously). Not really much going on around here, oh except.......................
IT'S OVER! I made it through my first year of law school.

I seem to think it's pretty exciting. However, that does not mean I get a break. This is going to be a marathon summer. Where David thought he was going to slow down a little at work due to the fact that it's summer (and schools don't need food over the summer), he has a huge new account that will be keeping him pretty busy. I, on the other hand, decided to take summer school. In between summer school sessions, I will be working with the DA back in Socorro (that's where I am now -- I had quite an interesting day in court yesterday, and set for another one today). Anyway, while I am in Lubbock, I will have school, and maybe a couple of other opportunities as well (yes, I know this is cryptic, but I will update if anything works out). Plus, there are many things on the list to get done this summer like finish painting the kitchen cabinets and rebuilding our dilapidated fence before the Lubbock winds blow it down and our dogs run away.

By the way, we had a fabulous end-of-the-year social for the J. Reuben Clark Law Society. Everything went well (I think it did anyway). We kicked it off with the running of the Derby on the big screen (Congratulations Big Brown!), had a bunch of wonderful side dishes brought by our guests, and David slaved over the grill making about 50 hamburgers. We have never entertained for that many people at once, so we had a lot of fun.
And thanks to my parents for coming all the way to Lubbock to help by making dutch oven peach cobbler and apple cobbler, (Mom had FOUR ovens going at once) and doing all the dishes! As soon as I track down some pictures, I will post them.
That's about all for the Torres household for now.

"So Puddy, this is a pretty good move for you, huh? No more 'grease monkey.'"
"I don't care for that term."
"Oh sorry, I didn't know."
"I don't know too many monkeys that can take apart a fuel injector."
-
Jerry and Puddy, in "The Dealership"

Later in the same episode...

"Hey Elaine, have you noticed your boyfriend has developed an annoying little habit?"
"The squinting?"
"No."
"The staring?"
"No. He keeps asking me to give him a high-five."
"I thought all guys do that."
"Slapping hands is the lowest form of primate ritual."
-
Jerry and Elaine, in "The Dealership"

4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Glad to see you back! You are a busy lady! Have fun while you're busy!

Spencer said...

Beckster, we'll get you some photos in the next couple of days!

The Hunters said...

Congrats on finishing your first year! I know the feeling, I just finished my finals on Monday. I should graduate in December! Sounds like you guys are doing great!

Liz Maile said...

Wow. Congrats. You did it! Have fun in at home, try and relax a bit! I'm so glad to hear what you all are up to. You need to call me one day!