
So back in November, Lucky and I traveled to Topeka for the Extreme Cowboy Race World Finals. We went with another finalist I met at the finals in Ruidoso so that we would both have travel-mates. Lucky and I competed in the first two rounds, after which they took the top 10 riders to the final round. We managed to qualify for the final round, but didn't place high enough to win a buckle. I was just proud of the little guy for doing so well considering he's only 2.
However, the ride home was really where all the excitement happened. We finished up at 6 pm on Sunday, and decided to try to make it home since there was a snow storm rolling in. We began our 10 hour trek home....which quickly turned into a 12 hour trip when at about 2 am, we hit a HERD of cows that stretched all the way across the road. The horses were in shock, the truck was dented, and we left at least 5 bovine fatalities and numerous injuries....what a nightmare. But we finally arrived home safe and sound.
Some picures from the show:
Lucky grabbed a bite to eat during the race






Down the home stretch

Crossing the finish line


4 comments:
Hurray for blog entries.
Dude, I thought your blog DIED. Ha, ha. Those are some awesome pictures. Congrats to you and Lucky!
Oops, I was signed in under Jay. If you ever run out of sausage, you're welcome back anytime! :)
pretty sure the last pi is my favorite. i would like it poster size. how can i get a copy?
love ya!
Post a Comment